A Sassanian Saga Part 0: Introduction to the Project


I like to think of myself as a semi-competitive player. I enjoy tinkering with lists and battleboards to figure out winning combinations, but I also like to give some love to the unusual and the unique rather than following the meta. Which brings me to the purpose of this series:

To collect, assemble and paint a Sassanid army for Saga: Age of Invasions and in the process, document my experiences as well as adding historical context and interesting facts to bridge the gap between hobby and history.
It is my goal to create an entertaining and informative series of posts for aspiring Sassanid players to read and hobby along.

After a general introduction to the faction, I will update this blog as I add more units to my army, giving advice on how to kitbash, paint and play these models as well as their historical background.

My main source (for now) is Procopius of Caesarea, a Roman/Byzantine historian of the sixth century A.D. and the interpretation and summary of his works on the Persians by Henning Börm. (A German work called "Prokop und die Perser") but as the series continues, I will include other sources and potentially update older posts.

For now, happy hobbying and may the dice be with you!


Comments

Popular Posts